Institute for Patient-Centered Design, Inc.
2014 Patient Experience Simulation Lab
2014 Presentation Team
- Kiana Ayers, RN, CLC - Registered Nurse; Amerigroup
- Sandra Jungers, RN, BSN, MEd - President & Clinical Consultant, The Bimeco Group
- Amir Lahav, ScD, PhD – Research Fellow; Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Nancy Wagner, RNC-NIC, IBCLC - Staff Nurse Leader; Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Jennifer Beatty, LMSW - NICU Parent; Hand to Hold
- Michael Beatty, - NICU Parent
- Katie Reginato Cascamo, Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership Student - NICU Parent; Hand to Hold
Design & Research:
- Megan Denham, MAEd, EDAC - Research Faculty; Georgia Tech’s SimTigrate Design Lab
- Trinity Kahn, EDAC, Interior Designer; The Neenan Company
- Angela Mazzi, AIA, ACHA, EDAC - Associate, Healthcare Architect; GBBN Architects
- Jules Sherman, MFA Design – Lecturer, Stanford University, d. School; Founder, Maternal Life, LLC
- Walter Jones, FAIA, LEED AP; Sr. Vice President of Campus Transformation; MetroHealth System
- George C. Smith, Senior Architectural Manager; Grady Health System
Program Support & Development:
- Mark Jungers, Vice President; The Bimeco Group
- Elizabeth Jones, MA; Communications Specialist, Institute for Patient-Centered Design, Inc.
- Stephen Jones, MBA Candidate
- Josh Feler, MS Mechanical Engineering Candidate
- Mikkel Soerensen, MS Mechanical Engineer Candidate
- Graeme Fielder, MBA Candidate
- Olivia Wu, BS Human Biology Candidate
- (representing Stephen Jacobson, MS Mgmt Sci & Engineering Program and Abhishek Venkataramana MS BioEngineering)
- Georgia Tech Students of winning design solutions, but unable to attend: Gen Li and Teng Shao
Virtual Reality Team:
- Charlotte Li, , WorldViz
- Tristan Cebulski, WorldViz
- Zach Goepel, WorldViz
Special thanks to Heather Townsend, RMSR (Executive Director of Education & Health Care Design at Creche Innovations) for her volunteer service in the 2014 NICU Patient Experience Simulation Lab, video recording the sessions.
Click here to see the events scheduled for the NICU Lab this year.
This project was inspired by the Recommended Standards for Newborn ICU Design, with Dr. Robert White and Dr. Mardelle Shepley leading the project's advisory team.
Patient & Family Centered NICU,
home of the Patient Experience Simulation Lab, Located at
Nexxspan Healthcare, LLC
270 Scientific Dr. #14
Norcross, GA 30092
To schedule a tour,
please call (678) 578-7800.